View Single Post
Old
04-22-2010, 09:35 PM
T2M

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
I don't really think its that out there. I have a lot of, and i mean a TON, respect for a person like you over people who have been surrounded by a hockey culture but their closets are filled with Penguins and Caps jerseys.

Like theres a guy I work with whose fav team is whoever won the cup last year....He's got a Carolina, Anaheim, Penguins jersey etc...Its so sad.

For me, I was born in Victoria. My dad is a Canucks fan and I've always been surrounded by them. Can't help but be a fan.
I too, can't stand fairweather bandwagon jumpers, but heck, I've never really had to put up with them. The Kings haven't been that good in anybody's lifetime. As for the choice, it's not completely out there, but that doesn't detract from the fact that supporting any non-Canadian, non-local team is treated as some sort of heresy. I'm sure the other Canadian Kings fans and I could form a sort of diasporic support group on these boards: People who have never had the pleasure of living among our own people who can share our suffering while having scorn heaped upon us by our fellow Canadians. Man, I'd love to make it to the Staples Center once in my life and be among Kings fans for a game. Anyways, now I'm just dreaming.