View Single Post
04-22-2010, 09:47 PM
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Hand eye is thing you can do is try juggling a golf ball or tennis ball on the stick to improve that. Or if you've got a wall/garage door, play "tennis" with a tennis ball and hockey stick, that would help as well.

The Brett Hull shooting DVD I have says to not try and redirect the puck so much as just get a little piece of it. Hit it too hard and the puck will veer wide of the net, but just making contact a bit will change the angle on the goalie.

I don't screen the goalie much (I hope not...I'm a defenseman), but the coaches I've worked with said to not be right on the goalie, but to get out a few feet in front. He can look around you if you're right on him, but out in front he can't move you or anything.
+1. I use a smarthockey ball. Sometimes guys make fun of me for doing it because "Stupid little tricks aren't worth practicing" but it's rather difficult to pass a puck through me. I knock down more pucks than anyone I know, I'm actually surprised if I miss two in a row.

When you start getting your stick on them regularly you then can work on where you're deflecting them or if you're just knocking them down.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote