View Single Post
Old
09-29-2003, 05:14 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
The PP was lost without Kovalev. As discussed, Messier's 5-3 PP goal was a gift.
No Kovalev, Poti or Leetch to man the point and they kept the Simon-Nedved-Lundy line together instead of getting Holik on with Nedved and Hlavac when he's playing as they will during the regular season also played a role.

Overall a noneventful night but I do like seeing the NYR's not looking to push to hard in attempting to score goals.In these neutral zone trap games in todays NHL it is very important to display patience and not force things in attempting to generate offensive chances.

If they sit tight and play tight they will get their chances and should be able to finish better than most teams with the weapons they have as long as they don't force the issue.

I actually took my little guy and the 2 of us sat 9th row last night which was cool.Jamie looked significantly bigger then in the past IMO although he hasn't shown the added strenght as of yet.I was hoping for more out of him getting the chance to play with Nedved.

deVries looked solid again and I love that he doesn't appear to be trying to do too much in trying to justify his contract and impress the new team and fans.If he satys on this coarse he will impress me so I hope he keeps the simply game up.

Jussi looked good in net despite not getting tested all that much.He will be a solid backup this yr for us.

Fedor looks to be gaining confidence and a yr in the AHL will do wonders for the kid.He'll be an AHL allstar and have significantly more confidence next yr after another full yr on the smaller rinks in NA.