View Single Post
Old
04-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Semper Sens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renneys Revenge View Post
If this is in the wrong section feel free to move it.
I am relatively new to playing hockey and currently am playing in a non-contact men's league. When I am playing defensively (on offense or defense), if I skate in between a player on the other team and the puck while another player on my team is going for it, is that interference? Since there is no contact I'm not knocking him off the play, but I am still impeding his path to the puck. Is this good defense or interference? I have never been called for it but since it's beginners there is some leeway.
So you set a pick right? That's interference but it probably won't be called unless you do it all the time. Once every couple of games likely won't hurt since it won't be complained about to the refs.

I did it maybe three times this season and I felt bad about it haha. But I think it's a great idea, I normally did it when the puck was dumped in and my defensive partner was going to get it, I'd just turn my back to the forechecking winger and skate right in front of him.

The only reason I think there's an unwritten rule against it is I can't think of a time it's happened to me, and I do play forward on occasion.

Like nystrom though, I'll let the other, more experienced players on the board make the final decision.

Semper Sens is offline   Reply With Quote