View Single Post
Old
04-23-2010, 11:36 AM
GuitarAwesome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
I think it really depends on the level you play at. I'm an "E" level, so I never break sticks, wood or composite, because my shot sucks. I hardly ever see anyone break a stick in my games.

If you're a much higher level, with a hard shot, then yea, you may break them more often.

If I were you, I would buy a $80 composite, and alternate between wood and composite, and see which one lasts longer, and which one you like better.
This is extremely true. I play at the highest level available here in Montreal, and the guys have all played at least AAA, most had a taste of the Q. These guys know how to hack just in the right place to snap a stick if you're in the clear.

That being said, I've only broken three sticks in the last two years. Broke an Easton Stealth CNT after 14 months (love it), broke 2 RBK 7K SicKick Pro Stocks (got a big shipment, played through em). Broke one getting a slash, and one snapped in the middle my first game using it, from a hit on the boards. The third one was just horrible luck, the stick got caught between our bodies and snapped from the pressure.

So even playing at a really high level, the composites DO hold up a long time. Know how to shoot properly, and you won't ding your stick up too much! Sometimes bad luck happens though, and bang, you're out 200 bucks. Part of hockey!

GuitarAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote