View Single Post
Old
02-24-2005, 07:51 PM
borro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOEBEAGLE
You do not know what washington has for defense or how they will mature. Since the caps are not in the hunt for any POST SEASON PLAY FOR THREE TO FOUR YEARS It makes no sense to trade any prospect until you have time to evaluate the prospects and after that determine you additional needs. Trades for washington at this time will be to garner more and higher draft picks . This is done to insure enough prospect that when it become time to trade they will be dealing from strengh and have what several teams want and need and not have to over pay.

So if you look at it from the position you will understan why the trades proposals make no sense from washingtons prospective.
Actually I know exactly who we have signed. The Caps have no more assets beyond Kolzig and Witt to garner picks and young players. They will charge a premium to trade either. In a rollback environment, the Caps could be an excellent destination because of available cash and a need to get to a minimum cap, which I consider a likelihood.

Making trades now will be to make the team decent enought to keep fans hoping. I believe our needs at this time are predictable. See my thread "The Plan." A rollback environment is an excellent opportunity to improve a team vs. burying your head in the sand.