View Single Post
Old
04-23-2010, 10:48 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
He was in the players box last night, actually, along with Bonk. Good to see those guys.

Anyway, I agree with you on Klein. He is far better than Franson at least in this series because Franson is fatally slow. Grebs coming in for Franson would allow us to pair Klein only with Boullion, though, which historically has worked better.
Also, Trotz is using the threesome of Hamhuis, Bouillon and Klein as basically his second and third pair and rotating them with Suter/Weber. We'll see the elite pair, then some form of the three head monster, followed by the elite guys, followed by a different pair of the three headed monster and every so often, we'll see Franson on the ice to spell someone or a pair that needs some rest. Hamhuis is too valuable to sit or not play because he's paired with Franson but Franson isn't good enough yet to be on the ice 20 minutes a night so he gets limited minutes and we have to put up with a Hamhuis/Klein pairing.

I'd actually prefer a Suter/Hamhuis pairing on the PK's top unit with Klein and Bouillon on the second pairing or put Weber with Bouillon. I think we'd have better success that way.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote