Thread: Post-Game Talk: So...you still wanna fire Homer?
View Single Post
Old
04-23-2010, 11:12 PM
fire bettman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Remember, though, Lappy was brought in to win faceoffs...and that has been an epic failure.
No... Betts was brought to camp to win faceoffs along with killing penalties. And look at how dead on he was with that. Lappy was brought in to be a physical presence on the ice and make us a hard team to play against, and he was dead on with that. Lets not focus on a couple of the best signings the Flyers have executed in my lifetime to argue Homer's incompetence.

While I agree that Homer ****ed things up pretty bad this season I think it would be pretty stupid to dump him now. I think he realizes his ****-ups as much as we do and he's the best person to make sure they never happen again. And I'm sure he has a plan of action and he already started with all the free agent signings.

I love rooting for this team year after year because lets face it, we're pretty lucky to be Flyers fans. It's a rarity for this team to not at least make the playoffs. And yeah, it sucks that they haven't won a cup since over 10 years before I was even born but when we do we're still going to be a great team. As someone brought up earlier we're not one of those teams that has to "rebuild" and face it, Homer deserves some credit for that. He's done way more good than bad.

So my answer is no and I never did.

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote