View Single Post
Old
04-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Ok...I would call my style being a dangler, I have alot of speed, have great hands, and RARELY take slap shots. My main problem is getting the puck up high when im in close to the net, one timers up close, etc. Granted I've played 8 years of outdoor roller with a ball, my technique with a puck might just not be there to get my shots up high. I'm used to just a flick of my wrist up close will put the ball in the top shelf. I've been playing with a puck now for 2 years and I still have problems up close getting my shot to go top shelf. Should I be using a different curve to help aid in my lack of technique? If so, what is my best option? Thanks
I've played both ice and roller for years and helped several friends who were straight roller players learn how to shoot the puck when they transitioned to ice.

Most of them had trouble lifting the puck in close, so you aren't alone in having that problem.

When you are in close, to lift the puck, you want to shoot off the toe of your blade instantly. Don't start your shot from mid heel, start with the toe of the blade and snap your bottom wrist up as quickly as possible.

Your bottom hand should be facing fingers up after your release to get the best elevation and snap.

It helps to do a little toe drag first and then snap it like I explained above. Just keep practicing and it will come to you. It really isn't that difficult.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote