Thread: Salary Cap: $59 million in 2010-11?
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2010, 01:28 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
Okay, I have numerous problems with this:
  • We're stuck with Brashear's cap hit unless he can be traded. Something like Brashear for Preissing would solve that, but you can't stick him on LTIR.
  • You can't lowball Staal and then expect him to sign with that number for 3 years.
  • Girardi is being underpaid.
  • Prust will garner a higher raise than that.
  • MZA will be getting the maximum ELC of $900,000 with bonuses.
  • Kovalchuk will not be signing for $8,000,000. He will get a bare minimum of $9,000,000 on the open market.
  • Why Martin? Why not Z. Michalek or A-Train?
Sorry bro, I would love to have Kovy as much as the next guy but the numbers don't work out.
- Brashear can be put on LTIR, as the Devils did with Mogilny if he reports to camp out of shape.
- Lowball? Look at the comprable contracts and players. See what they are making. $3.0 to $3.25 is fair market value for an RFA with no arbitration rights.
- A 68% increase for Girardi ($1.55 to $2.25) again is fair value for him. What has he done to see his value anywhere the high two's to low 3's?
- Prust is another RFA with no arbitration rights. He will get no more then $800K.
- MZA's bonus' can be deferred to next season, if reached.
- This is just my personal opinion, but I don't see a team paying anymore then $8.5 million for Kovalchuk, even if he tries to use the KHL as leverage, which won't work.
- $4.5 to $5 million for Volchenkov is too much for a purely defensive D-man. I'd rather pony up a little more to get a player that can put up 30+ points and is very good in his own end. I like Michalek, I just can't gauge what he might get in the open market.

Last edited by UAGoalieGuy: 04-24-2010 at 01:38 PM.
UAGoalieGuy is online now   Reply With Quote