Thread: Post-Game Talk: So...you still wanna fire Homer?
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
I'll lambast this trade until the day I die, and especially over the course of the next 10-15 years as Carlson develops into a top-pairing defenseman. It's made even worse by the fact that I wanted the Flyers to take him at #27 (cue FlyHigh's diatribe about not possibly being able to know that Carlson would turn out the way he is). But, no, let's trade for an underachieving BUST of a defenseman, only to realize a month into the season why Washington couldn't wait to unload his sorry ass. Acquiring Eminger in the first place ended up costing us Carlson AND Downie (yes, I know we got Matt Carle as a result, too... whoopdie freakin' doo) -- a failure of such epic proportions that I actually believe it's a fireable offense. I wonder if McPhee could stifle his laughter on the phone when consummating the deal with Homer. Seriously, I rarely get this angry over anything, but I feel I am more than justified here.
The fact that Eminger was a RFA makes it even more criminal. And, sure, we may not have selected Carlson with that pick and whatever else... but, seriously, WTF was he thinking?

And without even getting into what happened with the next trade, they almost immediately decided that they'd effed up. The very fact that we followed up that trade with another is evidence of how much of an abject **** up that deal was.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote