Thread: Post-Game Talk: So...you still wanna fire Homer?
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2010, 03:11 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
I'll lambast this trade until the day I die, and especially over the course of the next 10-15 years as Carlson develops into a top-pairing defenseman. It's made even worse by the fact that I wanted the Flyers to take him at #27 (cue FlyHigh's diatribe about not possibly being able to know that Carlson would turn out the way he is). But, no, let's trade for an underachieving BUST of a defenseman, only to realize a month into the season why Washington couldn't wait to unload his sorry ass. Acquiring Eminger in the first place ended up costing us Carlson AND Downie (yes, I know we got Matt Carle as a result, too... whoopdie freakin' doo) -- a failure of such epic proportions that I actually believe it's a fireable offense. I wonder if McPhee could stifle his laughter on the phone when consummating the deal with Homer. Seriously, I rarely get this angry over anything, but I feel I am more than justified here.
Haha, I owned up to you on this one in a different thread a while ago, you must have missed it.

But yes, I was 110% wrong and you were 110% right, I completely admit it.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote