View Single Post
Old
04-24-2010, 03:50 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerX View Post
Asham can make a shot and bang bodies better than Thoresen too and he's tough as hell.
I know he is, but I'd rather give someone faster to Giroux and JVR, someone who is tough along the boards, can work hard, and still finish a bit.

We know Powe has bricks of hands, and in a good year Asham can put up a few points.

Still...Thoresen fits what we need more than Asham or Powe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Unlucky = horrible? I like Thor, who will ever forget the nutblock and subsequent return? But the guy is an awful finisher, plain and simple.

And you say you'll take 25-30 next to Giroux. Asham had 24 and added pugilism and physicality, so even you are admitting Thor isn't really an upgrade with your projected production.
Thoresen getting 25-30 next to Giroux is probably a safe bet. Maybe up to 40 if he's having a good year and Giroux finally reaches PPG status? Asham had 24 in a GREAT year.

As for not much of an upgrade offensively...what is wrong with you people? Seriously? Do things only work one way?

It's proven that NHL dropouts go over and put up big points in the KHL. That's a half-truth. Looking for bigger contracts, foreign players who have talent enough to put up some points but won't ever make big money go to the KHL.

If you think Asham would put up Thoresen numbers overseas, you're beyond saving.

Thoresen is not a bad finisher. He's not elite, but he's not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'm sorry, do you mind refuting my point?

You realize that in 08-09, the immortal Kevin Dallman was 5th in the KHL in points and that in 09-10, Mattias Weinhandl was 5th.

The KHL is a league where players who couldn't cut it in the NHL go and suddenly become elite scorers.
Just refuted it.

Last edited by CS: 04-24-2010 at 03:55 PM.
CS is offline   Reply With Quote