Thread: Brisebois poll
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2003, 06:43 AM
Sam I Am

vCash: 500
I, for one, would love to see Brisebois have a career season...or at least up until the trading deadline.

Before eveyone gets all mushy, remember that Brisebois, in great measure, merits the low esteem in which he is held. His play has often been slack and timid. Putting aside the reaction he evokes from fans as well as his mid-season jaunt to Paris, Brisebois is the first d-man that should be traded off the Habs. Our defense ,we must continue to get younger and tougher. On the right side, Rivet is both younger, tougher and has some offensive abilties. Quintal is our single toughest player and one of the few to stick up for his mates. Komisarek is untouchable. That makes B.B. the only choice.

It has long been time for Brisebois to continue his career elsewhere. With the emergence of Markov and the imminent arrival of Komisarek, the Habs can easily get by without his offensive ability. What remains is to convince another team that Brisebois may very well flourish out of the incesssant media attention that comes with playing in Montreal.

The problem is well-known to fams and GMs alike: B.B. is a skilled player who by virtue of his huge contract and off-ice piccadillos has virtually no trade value at the moment. Let's see him step it up offensively the way we know he can while avoiding the highlight reel blunders which have become his specialty. Then maybe...just mayb...a contending team will bite at the trading deadline.