View Single Post
Old
04-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisequoi View Post
So, on Thursday we go from "Mr. Inside Connections" Team 990's Tony Marinaro saying there's no way anyone would want Guy Boucher due to lack of experience and the Habs have nothing to worry about to being such a hot commodity. Given the trend in the NHL to hire younger coaches after a year or 2 of success with the younger guys in the AHL (like Bylsma and Clouston) I definitely think the Hotstovers are right. Boucher is an up and comer who can relate to today's modern players. He has proven he can adjust, be flexible and work with a plan and not a rigid "system". As noted on a previous thread the Molson family MUST evaluat every piece of their team from an asset-based perspective - what/who can yield positive returns over the long haul and who cannot. I think we know where Boucher would fit into this. Letting Boucher go would be just like letting contracts lapse on players like Souray, Streit, Komisarek, etc without even get draft picks in return at a trade deadline. In this case, we can't get any compensation if Boucher is given permission to look into jobs with other orgs.
i actually had an email exchange with Tony on this and he said that he thought boucher would remain loyal to the habs giving him this chance and would inevitably be given
the habs job

Last edited by Hugo Sham: 04-24-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote