Thread: Line Combos: Game 6
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Max Levine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I'm still unclear about the whole set of rules allowing you to call players up. I had always assumed you could pretty much call up players whenever you wanted, but there's a 4 call ups rule for as long as your AHL team is in the playoffs. And we've used 3 of those.

Then there's Marinaro saying he called Brisebois asking him what we can do, and apparently we still have a "dmen call up". Whatever that means. I thought we could call up any player. Maybe Brisebois simply meant we had Maxwell up, so we didn't need a forward we could call up a dman.

There's also an emergency call up, that wouldn't be possible in the current scenario because we do have 6 dmen we can dress despite the fact we have 2 dmen injured.
From what I understood, Habs are allowed to make one more move: calling up one player or sending one down. Which would explain Maxwell sitting in Montreal, pretty much ruining his season.

If that is the case, we could call up Subban but we couldn't send him down before the Habs are out of the playoffs.

My guess is management considers it would be useless to bring in a rookie who's only played a couple games at this level when they have spent the whole season with 8 experienced defencemen. Sure, Hamrlik and Bergeron are disappointing. But it's not the right time to give the kid playoffs experience.

What if we go past the Capitals into the next round but Subban makes too many costly mistakes and is not getting dressed? Instead of helping the Bulldogs, he's sitting in Montreal waiting for the Canadiens to be taken out so he could return to Hamilton.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote