View Single Post
Old
04-25-2010, 08:57 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The positives so far this series ..... we can score at even strength, Legwand has remembered that he can do more than forecheck in that far end of the ice. Erat with 4 goals in 5 games.

The negatives ...... the powerplay is non-existent, defensive lapses, repeatedly leaving Hawks unattended just off of Pekka' right for tap ins. No points for the captain.

For the Preds to pull this miracle off we need Pekka to stand on his head and the boys to tighten up in their own end while keeping the pressure on in the offensive zone (see odd # games). It's a tall order.

In reality, how many of us dared to imagine the Preds would have ever been in position to take the series lead with less than a minute to go while on the road in game 5? Bueller? Bueller?
Sorry for the back-to-back posts, my multi button didn't work. Anyway, the fact that we had no business winning this game, yet were inexplicably in the position to win, and lost anyway...is precisely what makes it such a slap in the face. We were about to steal a game right out from under them, at home!...it would've been a stab in the heart for them. We were 20 seconds away! I'd rather get my ass kicked and lose by 4 goals than go through what happened yesterday.

I'm with the people who say that it doesn't matter whether we believed we would be in the position...what matters is that we WERE in the position. Nobody cares how you got there.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote