View Single Post
Old
04-25-2010, 09:11 PM
greyraven8

vCash: 500
I'll second the not buying the CCM Octogun.

especially the model I got - CCM Octogun 10 (J. Thornton curve). The CCM Vector 06 i have is a little better than this model of Octogun (is chipped but not split - still good as a spare stick). The other CCM Vector 06 broke on the shaft. Both the Vectors have/had problems with chipping at the end of the blade. All the sticks have been regular flex (85).

It's one thing for a stick to break - it happens. It's another for the end of the blade to quickly chip away and then develop two cracks over an inch long at the end of the blade parallel to the ice. This all happened in a half dozen uses on oldtimers pickup hockey.

I don't have a slap shot, and they discourage slap shots with this group I am playing with anyway. I realize I am buying the very lower cost end of the composites, but this shouldn't mean they should be disposable crap that only survives a few uses.

On an up note the Vic Element I have had for months is still in very good condition with zero problems. So if anyone is looking for a low cost composite, I'd recommend the Vic Element. Wish I had bought 2 of them when they were on sale.

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote