View Single Post
Old
04-25-2010, 11:01 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Glen,
If I could figure out why those particular players were on the ice then I'd be coaching in the NHL and not playing in a big sandbox every other year. Ward would normally make sense, but he was out there before the penalty and ended up pulling a 1:26 shift. Erat was having a good period and is capable of playing two way hockey. Arnott? Ineffective at the dot, incapable of playing D if the Hawks get into the zone, yet he's still out there. Leggy and Smithson had both just come off the ice at/immediately before the penalty.

Normally the Suter/Weber pairing would be a good choice, but, yesterday wasn't their game.

Following the Erat pass to nobody .... the entire team fails to account for Kane off to Pekka's right. The saddest part is that it was almost an identical preview of the Hossa goal in OT. It was almost like the Preds started playing 5 yr old soccer herd ball and all shifted to Pekka's left when the Hawks had the puck along the boards.

Personally I would have preferred Goc at center since Leggy and Smithson were resting on the bench .... an all around better option than Arnott. The other options would have meant trusting that situation to Spaling or Boyd if we wanted a more defensively minded forward.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote