View Single Post
Old
04-26-2010, 01:01 AM
marvelousmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Hamr took a big part of the workload when Markov got injured. Without him we simply wouldn't be in the playoffs.
I disagree. He might have helped the team and played a role, but to say that the Habs would not be in the playoffs without him is stretching and exaggerating it. You're making it sound like if he was the MVP on the team during the first half and that the Habs would be no where without him. To me, that's discrediting other players like Plekanec (who absolutely carried the team's offense on his back during that time) or Halak's stellar play. I find it wrong when people seem to give all the credit to Hamrlik or Spacek during Markov's absence. This is a team game. Yes, they had to play more, but the whole defensive squad had to play more and the whole team had to play better. What about other players like Gorges or Gill who also logged big minutes?

Anyways, it was about time Hamrlik realized that he could give a lot more on the ice. He was by far the team's most disappointing player in this series. After hearing him say it out loud, I'm pretty sure we'll see some improvement in his play. It's all mental in his case; it was never physical thing, he was simply not competing mentally and it showed in his play. There's a difference between a player who is completely "drained" and a player who simply refuses to give that extra effort and push.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote