View Single Post
Old
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
something that gets overlooked is where you keep your stick

my buddy (who is an ex pro and probably the best player ive played with) went to the bauer warehouse in canada and he said they store all their stick at 75 degrees. he also stores his sticks in teh same spot so the stick is consistently the same temperature as to not disrupt teh composition of the stick

he also likes to buy stick from the manufacturer directly. when the easton rep was in i showed him a stick i knew hed love. the new east st. hes a bigger guy, like 6'1 200, built like an ox, and breaks sticks easily

so he ordered 6 easton sts that are 3 inches longer than normal and a 115 flex. they made that stick new this year longer and stiffer(lol) so hes going to cut it down and it will be lie a 120

anyway, he doesnt like buying sticks off the rack becasue they sit under the lights in the rafters or on the rack in inconsistent temperatures and kids grab them and flex them and stick handle pucks with them

hes got a point though, it may not be the main reason they break, but it probably wears it down a little bit.....

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote