View Single Post
Old
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Valhoun*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
How did I know you'd be the first to speak up?

My point is, Maroon's skating is not elite, or great, or good, by any means compared to the NHL. That said, there are plenty of players already in the NHL that get by with just as much skating ability. Those players manage to succeed in specific roles. I assume they plan on using Maroon where he will succeed; in front of the net, much like Knuble.
That will be ironic considering Maroon will get a chance to see Knuble do it right.

There is no reason to ever call up a mediocre skater during the playoffs.

The players that you mention that have roles but slow skating are often still really strong on their skates. Hanzus and Knuble and Pronger for that matter aren't fast guys. But they are brilliant in other ways AND have been playing with and practicing with the team for a year. Maroon doesn't have the talent that those guys have and hasn't been practicing with the team.

They may as well just dress 7D and plug in Bartulis when necessary. We've had some really bad injuries but we've yet to have a d-man go down. And it happens to every team in the playoffs. It's not a jinx, it's a fact.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote