Thread: Speculation: Bobby Ryan turns down offer?
View Single Post
Old
04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I think the Ducks would just match the offer sheet and then trade him for more at that salary. That package is pretty fair. You need to give up good young assets in order to get a 23 y/o 35-40 goal scoring power forward.
I'm basing those packages on the fact that it's equivalent to a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Girardi is worth a mid-late 2nd pick. Boyle probably isn't worth a 3rd but that is what we paid for so valuing him as such may be faulty logic on my end but I'm sure Sather could convince someone he is still worth a mid-late 3rd pick still. If the Ducks match the counter sheet, then I don't see why they don't resign him in the first place. He is a valuable asset to that team and should only get better with each season. We'd be damned fortunate to have the chance to enlist his services. Based on your logic, I would be willing to offer a 1st, 3rd, Girardi, and Boyle. Girardi would be worth something to them as they are losing a few D to free agency but I'd also assume they have some prospects like Mitera (too early for Sbisa or Gardiner?) they are looking at to step up. Boyle probably doesn't fit their needs unless they have some young players they are ready to promote to the 2nd line and can use him on the 4th line. They need to replace Selanne and Koivu (unless those 2 oldsters are resigned again) so they'd be looking at Dubinsky and Callahan in this case who are both inferior to Ryan at this point in their careers. Dubinsky/Callahan + 2nd is fair but I think we'd all like to avoid such a package if at all possible.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote