04-26-2010, 02:41 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Back to the subject of Marleau...

With everyone seeing our obvious lack of speed come playoff time and lack of 5 on 5 scoring, what do you guys think of bringing him on board now? I understand he only has three playoff points. Bearing that in mind, if anyone's interested, what should his contract look like?
Marleau seems like the most likely choice out of any options Lombardi has-and he has a ton. 3 years, 24 million, 4 years 28 million is where I think he ends up financially. Marleau made 6.3 last season and there are almost no top free agents on the market this summer so he's going to get paid. Kovalchuk would be nice, obviously, but he doesn't fit into Terry Murray's system and Lomabrdi will have to win a bidding war which he has never done. I'll call Kovalchuk to Detroit right now, they have the money and they need to re-stock. Kariya would be an interesting choice on LW. Teemu is out there but the Kings already have Brown and Simmonds. Scott Niedermayer anybody? He could stay close to home and partner with fellow Canadian Drew Doughty to anchor the best d combo in the NHL, would make the Kings instant cup contenders.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote