WOTR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov
How about this one:

Arnason + Babchuk

for

Comrie

I am not going to critisize the idea, because it is just an idea but you haven't seen Babchuk play yet. I wouldn't trade Babchuk straight up for Comrie. Only time will tell, but IMO Babchuk will become what Brewer is supposed to.

On the other hand I really don't have a solution for a trade. It appears that Comries value is a lot higher than Arnason, but Arny for Comrie is as far as I would go, maybe Chi adding a pick.

I am not sold on Comrie. He hasn't been in the league long enough and we already have our small sparkplug Sullivan who also plays D well.

Having scored around 20 goals his first year, Arnason could attain 30 g with maturity. That equals Comries output. Additionally, I would prefer our centers to be two way players. When even the Oil fans are saying Arny is better defensively that scares me because Arny meets the most basic requirements of defensive play only. I am not saying Comrie isn't more valuable, it is just my opinion that he is not valuable enough to the Hawks to add much more than Arny. Oilers should look elsewhere, yet the amount of leverage they have in optimizing a trade depends on how badly they need to replace Comries position. If they can wait they should. If they can't, then Arnason with a fresh contract, might be one of the better deals.