View Single Post
Old
02-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 500
Well...Van can vouch for me on this one, but I'm a pretty damn good centerman. If I'm on my game, I don't lose many draws at all. Doesn't matter which side of the ice, if I'm on my game, I don't lose many face offs at all...and very rarely do I lose them cleanly.

My skating definitely leaves something to be desired. And that's basically a direct quote from former Spruce King coach/GM Glen Watson (now coach for Horse Lake) Said that was basically the only thing that kept me from making the team...and well...now I'm fat. hahaha

That being said. I have a good hands around the net, I mean, I collect garbage like NO OTHER! The other night both my goals were the result of going to the net, first one was a result in a GREAT face off win (yes I know I'm modest) followed up with a nice little tip. The 2nd goal was the result of going to the net with stick on ice. Ididn't realize the puck was in the net until I saw it sitting behind the tender...lol...I figured I'd shoveled it into him.

However, I really can't complain about my passing or shooting either. I've got an above average shot, although the release is a little lengthy, and my passing is pretty good, although sometimes a little ill-timed.

Defensively I've found myself to be getting a bit more lazy over the past couple years. That isn't to say that I'm often "out of position" defensively, but I tend to float high a little bit. It's like a switch I can turn off and on...haha...

Currently I'm 1st on my team in goals, 2nd in pts...3rd in the league in goals and 7th in pts. I've really got no complaints other than the fact we were only getting 6-9 guys for the better part of 2 months from the end of October onwards. But we're starting to come around.

But ya....my style of play and who it resembles...I'm really not sure. Used to be a "young" Trevor Linden type player. But I'm sorta evolving more into a goal scorer/pts guy...take yer pick!

AND...as an edit, I'm not afraid to drop the mitts...fought Calgary Roughneck "tough guy" Jeff Moleski in a rec game here a few years ago .....lost that one handedly!