View Single Post
Old
04-26-2010, 10:16 PM
bipolarhabfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I've live to watch a lot of hockey in my 4 decades both live and on TV and rarely have I ever had this feeling... Unlike wrestling, I never thought that hockey games could be rigged but tonight was way too obvious. I have never seen a team take 3 diving penalties in a game. Never. In the worst case scenario, I've seen referees "ignoring" a penalty (or a dive) but to put a team in that position in the playoffs? That's just plain ridiculous. Also, the penalty called on O'Byrne was for cross-checking? How is that possible when the guy has his stick on the ice?

You think that the calls were bad in this game? Wait until next game in Washington, especially if the game is tied or if that Habs are leading... Bettman wants Ovechkin to move on and they'll do what they can to see it happen! It's big money for the NHL in the US markets!
This. Unlike myself, you managed to use a more diplomatic approach to the atrocious reffing performance thus far in this series. I think the NHL is trying its hardest to get Ovie into the second round.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote