View Single Post
Old
04-27-2010, 12:28 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eukaryote View Post
Nice false attribution there, AV did not say or imply "The Canucks couldn't keep up with the Hawks offensively" The Canucks believe they should have won that series. I think they should have as well and I think the reason they lost it was because they didn't get the goaltending they needed when it counted and their D made some big mistakes. An opinion that many others have echoed. Offense was not the main problem.

I expect, just like last year and the regular season, the Nucks and Hawks will play some low scoring games in their next series.
It wouldn't surprise me to see 2 high-scoring teams playing some tightly contested low-scoring games at all 'cos we're aware of each other's offense. A lot of people think that just because 2 teams who scored a lot of goals in the regular season meet up it'll be a wild and hairy run-and-gun affair.

IMO last year the main reason we lost was because we sat back too much (see: Game 4, with a 1-0 lead for 57 mins), and as a result they took it to us. Retreating into a total defensive shell does not work anymore, and you have to take it to the opponent as well.

I'm not saying that we should be playing all wide open with them, because I think we can still take it to them AND play well defensively too, while keeping up the pressure on them. If we can find a way to keep playing hard and not let up on them, then I think we have a good chance of beating them.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote