View Single Post
Old
04-27-2010, 03:02 PM
jsykes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly> View Post
This rant is a little lame to be honest. Me and several others did answer his question... then several people got into an argument about curve vs. technique.

Also, not everyone who plays hockey grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth and had things handed to them. I delivered newspapers as a kid so I could buy all of my gear and used hand me downs from my uncles and older friends, then worked two jobs as a teen to afford my equipment. My parents never bought me one piece of hockey equipment except a stick when I was 10...

I also learned to make my own backdoor rink and did it all by myself. So don't pre-judge people on this forum bro...
Wow, you're so awesome bro. Good for you.

Did I ever say anything about a silver spoon? No, I said some had the OPPORTUNITY, which you gave yourself...great.

You were able to do something that some others may not have had the opportunity to do. I'm not going to argue, but not everyone would be able to do it if they wanted (and its not personal, I played as a kid).

What about the kid that did not have uncles or parents that played and no hand-me-downs? What about the guy who is 40 years old now and as a kid lived in an area that didnt have any rink or hockey presence at all? What about the kid that didnt have a backyard to build his rink?

Sounds like you didnt have a silver spoon, but still had an awesome opportunity, great for you.

Some just need to come down off their high horses and get a grip on reality for some people.

Of course practice and technique will always be the right answer. But some dont have the opportunity to practice...period. Some play and know the basics but may just want a bit of an edge. No one here can argue that an open blade does not make it EASIER to lift the puck. Maybe that is all he wants, something to work with his current technique to make it easier. Why cant people just get off their soapboxes and answer a damn question?

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote