View Single Post
Old
04-27-2010, 06:21 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Ah- now we understand each other. I didn't realize you meant the net total wasn't 1+, it was a fraction. My stupid mistake.
I knew we would be on the same page in the end but I slapped my posts together as I thought of some numbers in my head. I wasn't very clear what I meant, my points were haphazard. But yeah, my only point was that 'net' he costs some fraction of one goal per game at worst compared to some average solid guy. But you are correct that on average, about a goal a game is going in while he's on the ice.

It is a pretty high number for Grebs as far as that 3.33 (or whatever it was) for goals per 60 minutes. Much higher than average. But just going by the eyeball test he doesn't look worse compared to say, Klein. Yeah, Grebs pinches and cheats a lot trying to join the offense (from a small sample of games I've seen) so he costs goals, but we are almost sure to score a fair bit more. And that gives Trotz some options. I think he's very good player. If we could get him for near 3 million I would like it. I don't see them paying it though. I'd rather we sign Grebs at 3, trade Klein if we need to, bring up Blum. Of course I may be excited about Grebs based on just far to few games to go on . I never watched him before he came here.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 04-27-2010 at 06:27 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote