View Single Post
Old
04-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Devils aren't desperate. Brodeur isn't as good as he used to be, but he's still one of the Top 10 goalies in the league. He will end up with a deserved 3rd place Vezina finish from last year. He also was one of the few Devils who played fairly well most of the time in the playoffs this past year.

At minimum, Brodeur plays out the final two years of his contract.

I can see the Devils trading for a goalie of the future if one falls into their lap for cheap. But there is no need to trade major assets for one just yet.
The problem I see with Brodeur is that he can't step up in big time situations anymore. He's still an amazing goalie during the season, but he's had a rough ride in both the playoffs and Olympics of late. Maybe I'm reading too much into the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
No...Zajac is a 20 goal scorer, 4 million cap hit...he's replacable. Even for Parise I would not do it.

Nothing personal against Jersey, but only way they get Price is if they grossly overpay. Price has high end skill and put him with a tudor like Brodeur playing in Jersey's system you have the Vezina winner 10 of the next 15 years. Look how good Clemmenson looked playing in Jersey's system.
I'm sorry, but once I read that, I just can't keep reading.