View Single Post
Old
04-27-2010, 05:44 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
The problem I see with Brodeur is that he can't step up in big time situations anymore. He's still an amazing goalie during the season, but he's had a rough ride in both the playoffs and Olympics of late. Maybe I'm reading too much into the situation.
He was great in the 2009 playoffs; basically carried the team to Game 7.

He was terrible in the Olympics - it happened in the middle of possibly the longest slump of his career (lasted through most of January and February).

He was hit or miss in the 2010 playoffs. He was okay in Games 1 and 2. He was godlike in the Devils' game 3 loss to the Flyers. All 3 goals against him were on unstoppable backdoor plays that were uncontested by the crappy defensemen. He wasn't so great in Game 4 and 5, but the team as a whole basically gave up halfway through game 4 when they fell behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Out of curiousity, would you base a deal around Rolston for Hamrlik? I know rolston seems to be going downhill but i think its the system he's in. He's got a good slapshot, plays Center, winger, point man on pp, that's why i ask. Of course, I doubt i'd do it straight up. Just wondering of a trade on another front. I'm very borderling on the idea myself.
The Devils would love this trade, even throwing in a draft pick and/or average prospect to sweaten it. They are desperate for competent defensemen and they are equally desperate to unload salary from the wing. That's what Rolston is - a natural wing. He definitely is better offensively than his stats indicate (first buried behind Parise and Elias then Parise and Kovalchuk). But he is also incredibly soft in the corners now, so that comes along with the package.

Montreal fixed one of the Rangers mistakes (Gomez) and actually turned him into something useful. I would love it if they fixed Lou's biggest mistake (Rolston) and actually turned him into something useful.