Thread: Post-Game Talk: So...you still wanna fire Homer?
View Single Post
Old
04-28-2010, 09:38 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
To the OP:

Ive stopped commenting on these threads because of the overall negativity here. There are some posters that are realistic, there are some that are more fair weather and you can see it game to game as far as their feelings towards the team, then there are a few that are ALWAYS down. We win 7-1 and they are talking about the lost faceoffs or the amounts of penalties we took. I see a lot of the third type on this thread.

WHEN MANY OF THE MAJOR HOCKEY PUBLICATIONS PREDICT THE FLYERS TO WIN THE CUP IN THE PRESEASON YOU CAN'T BE MAD AT THE GM OF THE FLYERS WHEN THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN.

All the Gm can be asked to do is make a good team on paper...half of you should be mad at Hartnell and Briere sucking, JVR and Giroux not stepping up, Carter, Gagne, Emery, Lieghton and Backlund getting injured. Any team putting out two complete 5 man line combos that we can and then still have a the rest of a line up we do should win.
Who cares what the publications have to say? Really. I'm sure someone picked the Flames in those publications, so are Flames fans supposed to not be mad they missed the playoffs?

Games aren't played on paper, so it's pointless to suggest that putting the best team on paper absolves him of any fault. He's wasted our cap space, most prospect, a lot of draft picks which put us in a position to not be able to legitimately improve the team during the season. And when he sold out for Pronger, that took ALL EXCUSES off the table for not doing it.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote