View Single Post
Old
04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Ducksgo*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I have a hell of a time a getting skate to fit on my left foot. They fit on my right but the left i have to sharpen the end of a teaspoon like a woodworking lathe chisel and i manually scoop out where the big toe is so my toe isn't crammed in my left skate.

It works but is risky if you overdo it because it makes the toe cap too thin there and you need to know how to sharpen and the then use a stone to take the burr off of the end properly so the teaspoon works for this.
Wow thats crazy Hockey Fan, that's going to hurt if you take a puck to your left toe OUCH!. Have you checked to see if the left skate is the same size as the right?, this might sound stupid but im sure mistakes happen all the time when skates are being put into boxes before you buy them. Another thing you may want to try is having them re baked by your LHS. That would totally suck to have the same thing happen to you as the originator of the topic, besides we pay to play so to sit out a few games due to injury is just a waste of $$$.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote