Thread: Proposal: Parise Vs Weber...
View Single Post
Old
04-28-2010, 04:34 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
I would pick Weber over Suter, not taking contract into consideration.

I think Weber could score 30g with the right supporting cast in front of him. To get that kind of scoring from a Dman is HUGE. Not to mention he has huge potential in the d-zone too. I don't think him or Suter are elite in the dzone yet. Suter is better in the transition game.

I would probably do Weber for Parise. Mainly because we don't have any prospect of a top-end offesnive player, and that has gotten us nowhere so far. Wilson can be good, but I dont' think he's going to be a force. But not to kid ourselves, trading Weber would create a huge hole for us.

Both Weber and Parise will command 6.5+m next off season as RFA. And they may only want to sign a one-year deal to test the FA market the following year.

Poile needs to get a feel for that NOW. He should start talking to Weber about an extension on July 1. If he feels the above could be a possibility, then yes, he should look at trading options. Can't lose Weber for nothing.

Would still prefer Weber for Malkin, but as long a Pittsburgh is winning cups, I dont' see them trading Malkin. Maybe they will bow out in the 2nd rd this year and consider it. Would also free up some cap space to get a winger for Sid.

But yes, in the long run, I can't see us keeping both Weber and Suter. We can't invest 13-15 million in 2 dmen. We aren't going to do anything in playoffs without someone leading the way offensively.

Last edited by dulzhok: 04-28-2010 at 04:44 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote