View Single Post
Old
09-29-2003, 11:39 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
I woudn't say he hasn't proven anything!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Season Ticket Holder
Ryder isn't guaranteed a spot on the roster. He may be having a decent preseason, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Even if he has to be put on waivers to be sent down, no one would pick him up. At least, it's unlikely. To pick him up means they need a free spot on their roster, and since Ryder hasn't proven a single thing at the NHL level, I doubt he'd be plucked off waivers. That's just overrating a prospect.

Ward is likely to stay up. He has a 1-way contract, and while I don't think he's done anything spectacular at all during the preseason, he can play on the 4th line. Better than guys like Blouin anyway...

I've seen Dagenais in one preseason game, not much to judge by, and he was probably the worst player on the ice. Even worse than Blouin...

Plus, Dagenais was let go in Florida for heck's sake, and they've barely got half a roster of NHL players.

I wouldn't be surprised if not only does Dagenais get sent to the AHL (which is almost 100% assured) but that he disappears from there quickly thereafter...

STH

Infact he has proven lot since drafted he only had one off year two years ago when he was demoted to ECHL, before that he was star in Junior and is become dominant in AHL now, for prospect to be bust his progress needs to stop but he has continued to show he belongs in big club so I woudn't be too happy if he wasn't rewarded it woudn't be good example to other prospects if politics gets in a way of his professional career, he has size , grit, determination, hard working personality everything habs need and would welcome with open hands.