vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagne
got your letters mixed up.
appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Too bad Curt Schilling and Pete Rose (even though he is a truly a Red) didn't get to take part. The last of the dual-purpose, cookie-cutter stadiums.

The two best moments of yesterday were definetaly Tug McGraw coming out in a limo and Mike Schmidt running the bases and meeting Jim Thome (he is definetaly hitting 50 next year) at home plate.
yeah, Rose should have been there no doubt. MLB has to make some kind of exceptions when these types of events come along. the closing of the Vet is a one time thing and it would have been cool if the league would have aloud him to participate.

agree on the great moments (McGraw/Schmidt), that was great how Schmidt lifted Thome's arm up like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
If you've ever been to a baseball or football game at a stadium designed just for those sports you would never miss the vet.

I've been to games at Camden Yards & foot ball games at Giant Stadium & Beaver Stadium, and it's just so much better.

And then when you add in the fact that they play on grass, is another huge plus.
exactly! I've been to Camden Yards a few times and it is awsome. I have also been to Shea Stadium when the Phillies were playing the Mets and even Shea was great compared to the Vet.