Thread: News Article: Another reason to keep Hamhuis
View Single Post
Old
04-30-2010, 12:40 AM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
I know Dan personally and there is no better playing this game. On top of the charity work listed, Dan has been a huge supporter of "Best Buddies". An organization that matches up adults with delayed-adults as "buddies". Dan originally came to a fundraiser where Barry Trotz was the speaker. Barry's youngest son has Down Syndrome. Barry knows that someday his son will be an adult and could benefit hugely from a "buddy" to hang with.

Dan not only made a large financial donation, he became a buddy. He then got Pekka and Weber to do the same.

Dan's a perfect family man, with a lovely wife and two kids. He walks the walks.

I know for a fact Dan really wants to stay here. It's home. It's a shame that'll probably have to let him go. He can make too much more money somewhere else.

This guy defines character. He will be missed.
Interesting. I heard he wants to stay in Nashville bad as he considers it home and told his agent do whatever it takes to make it work. You make it sound like it's already a given it just can't be done. That's too bad.

He takes a lot of crap from fans sometimes but he is obviously a great person and he is a very good hockey player. If he goes he will be missed on and off the ice.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote