View Single Post
Old
04-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
This is going to be very difficult, especially considering that Pouliot, Lapierre and Sergei Kostitsyn also need new contracts. And I would imagine that at least one of Moore and Metropolit will be back (I'd bet on Moore as long as he's cheap). I doubt MAB or Mara will be back.

Losing any one of these 3 guys would be a huge blow, IMO. Hopefully we can trade one of Hamrlik and Spacek to clear some cap space.

I'm just wondering if there's any hope of keeping all 3 of these guys.
this offseason will be difficult...

no large salaries coming off the books, several RFA's to re-sign (most of which will get at least modest raises), Plekanec potentially a UFA, and some pretty clear roster holes to fill...

I think our ability to retain all three will depend largely on wether or not we get plekanec signed before July 1st...

but it will also depend on how much interest there is in Halak and/or Price, and wether or not any teams are willing to offer sheet them.

an offer sheet to one, wether we match or not, will screw us for both. If we match, then we're paying more than we had wanted to AND setting the bar for what the other will expect... not too mention making it tougher to match a 2nd offer sheet.

any way you slice it, the teams management will have to be very proactive and much more effective than they've been in the past with contracts to make it all work out.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote