Thread: News Article: Another reason to keep Hamhuis
View Single Post
Old
04-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
As some of you may have read, this morning I posted a rumor about Mark Eaton. It was simply that a rumor and a stupid one at that. I was called on it by another poster and it didn't take me more than a few seconds to realize a conversation I had years ago with another fan at training camp had morphed into the stupidity that I put out there this morning in the form of a rumor and that's not something I ever want to do without having a more legitimate source.

No excuses. I'm owning up and apologizing. I should have caught it when I re-read my post this morning, but didn't and feel like an idiot because of that. I hope anyone reading my post this morning either figured out I was being an idiot at the time or will now know that I completely debunk my earlier statement.

If Hamhuis were to leave, Eaton would be a decent candidate to look for as a replacement, but I question then who would step into our No. 3 role or would people just be satisfied to do it by committee?

Re-signing Hamhuis to keep our depth on defense is a luxury at this point. I would love to do it, but you've gotta wonder if we splurge there, where are we giving up in return?

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote