View Single Post
Old
05-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
So was Arnott voted captain by the players, or was it given to him by the coaches, or did he just kind of claim it? I know usually it's voted on by the team, but Trotz's comments didn't make it sound like that...and a reader's comment said that it wasn't voted on, so now I'm curious.

I never thought Trotz & Co would have the stones to strip the C from someone; I thought Arnott would have to leave for us to get a new captain. But these comments make it sound like that might not be the case, and I think that's awesome. Maybe the situations in Dallas and San Jose got Trotz thinking.

I think the two favorites for captain are obviously Weber and Suter, with Legwand third. I've always thought it would be Weber, but Suter must have some impressive leadership skills because he always has a letter on his chest in international competitions, where he's playing on really stacked teams. And it'd be kinda cool to have an American captain. Three years ago it would've been Sully for sure, but he's too old now and next season might be his last...I doubt they'd want to elect a new captain for such a short time.

The possibility of a new captain is exciting. Shows we're at least willing to shake something up next year!
Poile gave it to him

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote