Thread: Dupuis
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Dan-o

vCash: 500
If you want to know why he is not re-signed, read the Gaborik thread. It details the offer he's received. It's not an offer I can see Dupuis accepting and the sides don't seem too interested in resolving this.

Do I think he's available? I think everybody is available, but that Dallas would have to overpay to get him. The Wild are committed to the future and Dupuis (if we ever get him signed) is a big component of that future.

As for how the fans feel about this, I'd say the majority support Risebrough and the Wild, but that patience is starting to run thin. I was an ardent supporter until I read the Wild's latest offer to Dupuis. (Again read the Gaborik thread). Now I'm starting to get a little annoyed. It's important to not let costs get out of hand. Everybody would agree on that. But the team has to be realistic too. If you want to keep the top talent you've spent years developing, you have to keep them from walking away. I hope the Wild are just playing hardball because they know Dupuis can't go anywhere else. If this is their negotiating stance for all players, whether RFA or UFA, we're going to lose a lot of players once they hit their prime in their late 20's.