View Single Post
Old
05-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

vCash: 500
Coming from a person who has done it, It's doable. Did it happen over night? If you mean about 8 years then yes.

I'm a dominate right hander. Shoot right handed, throw right handed, golf right handed, bat right handed.

When I started playing goalie when I was a little one I'd put glove hand on my left hand, and hold a stick in my right hand. So this means the curve on that goal stick is left handed. So what did I have to do? Learn to shoot left handed.

I was terrible when I was little, but I kept practicing until I slowly got better. Once I hit high school I got pretty decent at it but once I hit college I really started to master it. When I say master it I mean I can stand at the blue line and ring pucks off the cross bar and sink 180 ft empty netters from one end of the rink to the other.

When I pick up a left handed player stick I can shoot pretty hard and accurate with it, but my stickhandling isn't as great as it is right handed. Probably because of lack of practice.

What I'm trying to say is that your body can and will learn to do it, but if I was in your shoes I wouldn't worry about it. I did because I was forced to.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote