Thread: Speculation: Which Big Salaried Forward Goes?
View Single Post
Old
05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Janney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
1. How many of those are in the league? Have you checked the salaries and availability of those guys lately? Please.

2. Crosby? Datsyuk? Their playmaking seems to win cups. I call that tops.

3. My question to you and anyone else who wants to trade, unload, trade . . . How many teams have won the cup lately with outside talent for their top scorers in the playoffs?

The playoffs aren't over yet so some of this is premature. But, I want all of you to see who the top guys are on the team that wins and think long and hard about acquisition strategies for team composition for winning. I have looked at past years and winners and I see the strategies that are diametrically opposed to the paths proposed here.

I do think Patty is going to walk, but I also think that there will be a lot of Sharks fans that aren't terribly pleased with the results of the unsuccessful strategies employed by the Sharks to get the cup in five years. I think there will be a lot of excuses about this or that not quite being right when the reality is that they are poor excuses for the overarching strategy.

My take is that playing the grass is greener game and some other issues are going to turn into a Sisyphean effort that continually falls short.
You mean outside help as in free agency? So if we happen to sign someone who hasn't played on the Sharks a certain number of seasons, we won't be contenders that year?

And because Crosby and Datsyuk won the cup, that automatically bumps them ahead of Thornton?

Setoguchi (speedy winger) can become a consistent 30+ goal scorer, but we still need Marleau on the team because it's tough to find a speedy winger?

The reason I have so many questions is because I don't know what the point of your response is. Your argument isn't very clear to me.

Janney is offline   Reply With Quote