Old
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Meh it was 50/50.

And I mean face it, we have 3, maybe 4 guys who simply can't be trusted to play more than 7 minutes at ES, tough to roll lines when you have that situation.

Bottom line, people can cry about line bingo all they want, but if guys like Hartnell, JVR, and Giroux aren't going to produce points and chance (and they got the ice-time), we're ****ed either way and it didn't help that Boosh let in 2 softies.
It was most definitely not 50/50.

But anyway, I noted earlier when talking about the lines that too much is often made of that stuff. As I said, the bottom line is that players need to play...guys need to get it done. However, a close game like tonight's was absolutely a game where that stuff was critical. I could give plenty of examples, but the ones you gave work just fine. You're not giving JVR the best chance to produce points playing him with effing Powe and Ross. You're hurting Giroux's chances of creating and producing by sticking Hartnell on his wing rather than JVR. And Hartnell is currently far better suited to a physical, grinding, checking line than a scoring line...and is certainly more suitable for that role than JVR.

This is the kind of stuff that coaching is all about, and this is the time that it really counts. Lavi isn't doing a good job with it.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote