Thread: Speculation: Which Big Salaried Forward Goes?
View Single Post
Old
05-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Tealblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coooldude View Post
Any team in the league would take Datsyuk or Crosby over Thornton. Hell, I'd take those trades in a direct swap. Crosby goes without saying, but I'd also take Datsyuk over Joe.

How do we know Setoguchi can become a consistent 30+ goal scorer? He's talented, but he has also been inconsistent. 30 goals is a lot of goals. Scoring that many goals consistently is pretty rare. I don't think Seto has proved this type of skill yet.

My heart says I want Marleau to stay, although these playoffs are painful because he really is digging himself a hole. My head says he's the easy choice to let walk.

But, as another poster said, the Cup changes everything. We won't win the cup without Marleau contributing in points and intangibles, plain and simple. And if we get to the finals, that means it's likely we'll move pieces around to try to keep him, even if it means our D is weak or we see one of our RFA's walk for a contract (seto).
He's only 22, and gets 20 goals on the second line. He's shown he can get 30+ on a line with thornton. He's also shown that when he's not scoring he's hitting, working hard, and moving his feet. I would take seto over marleau simply because seto's age gives him potential to be even more than a 30 goal scorer and because he'd get a cheaper contract(meaning we could potentially resign pavs+seto for the price of marleau).

I think unless marleau starts working his ass off every shift and producing, seto deserves to stay with the team much more than marleau does.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote