View Single Post
Old
05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Homebrew76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If you think secondary scoring is our problem, then you're not seeing the whole truth here.

I think the amount of goals we have actually scored so far is a testament to our secondary scoring.

With Gagne and Carter out there's not much we can do. Add in the defensive efforts of those two and Laperriere, and it's easy to see why we're in the position we're in.

Take out Krejci, Bergeron, and Lucic. Then we'll see how effective you are at keeping pace with us even if Gagne, Carter, and Laperriere are still out. You can even bring all your other injured players back.

Hartnell has sucked, but the fact that we are even keeping up with the Bruins with these severe injuries is incredible in its own right.
Briere has played great for Philly and Carter is surely to find the back of the net again. But Philly does need to get the odd goal from the #2 and #3 lines which Boston has been effective at shutting down. A lot of the goals that have been scored thus far have been from Defensive zone turnovers which Philly has been good at forcing, that is where Boston's weak point is.

If both teams were fully healthy, and note we don't know what bumps, bruises and sprains players may be fighting though on both sides, I think Philly may be improved on the offensive side and on the PK, but Boston would be improved on the Defensive side as well, plus Savard would be back to his regular shift and not being slowly worked in.

At the end of the day I think Boston has more depth, a better goalie, and the leadership of Recchi. All of which should allow Boston to move on to round 3 in 5 or 6 games.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 05-04-2010 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Follow the forum rules.
Homebrew76 is offline   Reply With Quote