View Single Post
Old
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
dtrap

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
If you're talking to me, I was very upset that we let go of Nylander. That was an amazing line with him Jagr and Straka. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It's the idea that having Christensen as our number 1 center doesn't come close to equating what other teams have at that position. It doesn't matter if there's chemistry or not, the fact of the matter is that Erik Christensen isn't the best possible option for that position. In fact, there are a boatload of more capable and fitting pivots for that role.

Jagr knew his game well and that he would mesh w/ a Nylander. We don't know if this would be the same w/ a inconsistant waiver wire pick-up in Christensen and Marian Gaborik. It's a risky situation. Christensen was playing for his life pretty much. He had to play the best hockey of his career being the situation he was in.
Christensen was actually a pretty good contributor for the Penguins. When we picked him up off the wire a few of my friends who are Pens fans actually texted me to tell him that I would like having him on the Blueshirts.

He just didn't get a lot of chances to play in Anaheim and that's why he was waived.

I agree that he isn't the most desirable option, but hey we probably aren't going to win the cup next year anyway. I'm willing to give him a full season with Gabby to see what happens. I mean Nylander went from a career 50-60 point guy to an 80 point guys with the Rangers. I don't see any reason why Christensen can't go from a 30 point guy to a 50 point guy in a full season with Gabby. Like I said...if he puts Gabby in a position to score 50 goals and 100 points...then he is doing his job as a number 1 center.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote