Thread: News Article: Anyone wanna go??
View Single Post
Old
05-04-2010, 11:17 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamie View Post
Canes fan here. When it was announced that the Canes would start the season in Europe, this was the matchup and venue we were all hoping for! It is going to be so awesome to see our Finnish contingents competing in front of their home country.

All three of our Finns you mention are under contract through next season and are core players and fan favorites, so we expect them in the lineup (fingers crossed that Tuomo Ruutu is back by then after having shoulder surgery). We also recently acquired Oskar Osala via AHL trade, he played in one NHL game and may make the squad next year as well. He's on the IIHF WC roster for Finland along with Jussi Jokinen.

We have a rather large group headed across the pond in October for these games. Do you all have a sense of how many Wild fans have signed up to go, either through the trip package or direct ticket purchases?
There are a crapload going from what I have heard. Soon as I get it a little more firm dates with my future employer, I will be putting my money down on the tickets

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote