View Single Post
Old
09-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
I consider guys like Legwand, Chistov, Frolov, Jokinen and Marleau unrealistic for Comrie - so here is my realistic top 3:

1 - Blackburn (we need a potential top 10 starter. Conklin isn't that and JDD is at least 3-4 years away (if ever). NYR likely ditches Lindros and Nedved next year and Comrie-Holik would be a decent 1-2 punch)

2 - Boynton (we may have to make the deal a little bigger to make it work and include a dman like Cross while we get a pick back in addition to Boynton)

3 - Hartnell (agree with LT in that he brings a lot to the table - but another forward?)
I'm not sure if either of those are realistic either.

Some similar options:

1 - Ari Ahonen (Not Blackburn, but he could be as good. Ahonen is behind Brodeur & Shwab at the moment. The Devils could use Comrie, and Ahonen is their best prospect, and would be dynamite as an Oiler I figure)

2 - Jiri Fischer (The Bruins cannot really afford to move Boynton, but the Wings can move Fischer. This is one ofthose deals that just makes so much sense, you wish you could call up Holland & Lowe & fire up the fax)

3 - Taylor Pyatt (Dissapointed last season. Could be a good one, could stink - too early to tell. Might be worth the gamble. If not him, maybe the Panthers would move along Victor Kozlov?)